We look forward to welcoming you!
We are delighted that you have accepted your offer to study at the University of Ulster and are looking forward to welcoming you to Northern Ireland.
The check lists below will provide you with useful and practical information to help you plan for your arrival at Ulster; you will find further useful information in the International student handbook - please contact us for details..
Check out this advice from Education UK.
Here is a full list of the modules available to study at Ulster.
Before you leave home
- Obtain any necessary student visa/entry clearance for study in the UK
- Read your offer pack carefully and complete and return necessary forms (acceptance letter, arrival information form and accommodation booking form)
- Check the date you are expected to arrive at Ulster for orientation
- Check information on tuition fees for your course and Northern Ireland living costs
- Bring with you original copies (and translations) of relevant certificates, examination results and 2 passport size photographs for registration
- Buy travel tickets and travel insurance
- Check your government's restrictions on taking money out of the country
- Check with your bank about regulations concerning transferring money to the UK
- Check your luggage weight against your airline's allowances
- Obtain travellers' cheques and British currency for use during first few days or weeks
- Obtain a letter of explanation from your doctor for any prescribed drugs you may need to bring with you
- Visit the dentist/optician as care can be expensive in the UK
- Photocopy the personal details and visa section of your passport and keep them in a safe place.
- Check out the University website for campus location information Belfast, Coleraine, Jordanstown or Magee
Checklist to carry in your hand luggage for the journey to Ulster
- Passport with any necessary student visa
- Travel/flight tickets
- British currency/travellers' cheques
- Travel/personal insurance documents
- Letter confirming accepted offer of a place from the University of Ulster
- Evidence of your finances (bank statement, sponsor's letter)
- Accommodation confirmation letter
- Onward journey information: how much it will cost, journey route, how long it will take; you will find further location and travel information on the University website.